Sunday, November 18, 2012

Things are getting worse

November 17th, 2012

Maybe I am being too rough, or too many changes, or I am just wrong about everything that I am doing.  I have to say it all felt really right when I made the changes.  I haven't done a wiener roll since April told me not to overdo them.  When I was outside the leashing did not completely control him.  How it could be like an empty threat in this short time I don't know.  The playroom seems to bore him more than ever.  The licking, spin/bark, digging in front of the toilet and seems to be getting an interest in the tub again.  He has completely ruined Maddie's dish by spinning into it and breaking it.  It is from her other home and loosing it makes me sad.  She still uses it, but it is chipped all over.  He can't relax in my bedroom, he lays in front of the door out of my room and cries.  I don't know what to do with him.

I had been planning a trip to go up to Dallas to visit Betty for a Christmas House Tour.  originally I was going to take Drake.  Betty voiced her concerns to me about having Drake in her house while we gone and I said that I would think about it.  In the meanwhile Debi asked me to pick up a blind 3 month old Aussie mix and I agreed.  This concerned me even more, but before I could get too worked up over it, she asked me to pick up a 6 week blind puppy.  Well, that was it.  no way I could handle Drake and all that on the way home.  Since my hurry home was to horse/baby/dog sit for April, I asked her to watch Drake while I was gone.  She agreed.  

I was teasing April about how much trouble Drake was going to be, when she reminded me that she had worked with several blind/deaf dogs.  At the very least she could evaluate him as a neutral party with a trainers eye.  It got me excited.  It was not the reason that I asked her to watch him, it was just so I could help out Debi.  However, it is going to work out better than I could have planned.  It had never occurred to me to have her evaluate him.  All of these other people really did not have her experience. So it is going to work out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment