Sunday, November 18, 2012

Overstimulated and Bored

November 16, 2012

The morning was going good until I decided to work some more outside.  I noticed a few other things today.  The first thing was that he is really bored with his playroom.  I think I need to use it as a class room twice a day like when I fist got home with him.  I can only remember about a third of his commands and we have to make the YouTube film yet.  Another thing is the exercise.  I have been so side tracked by all of his issues, making sure that he knows where he is by area, I have discontinued the things that he needs to be constant.  Exercise and learning.  He needs to be using his brain.  I think that I will try giving my xanex to him.  A little stronger drug might help him to focus and settle down.  I read that it could do the opposite, cross my finger that one isn't happening and I don't want to give him too much.  So I discontinued his herbal and put him on xanex.  I put him on the lightest recommended dosage for now.

When he was playing on his own and because i was being more aware of his playing, waiting to have to leash.him.  I noticed that when he first goes out, he plays pretty good for fifteen minutes.  He runs with his head up and stops to smell the ground.  It is a beautiful sight.  i have always wondered at his confidence.  I never want him to loose that.  Then he goes to one of about five different areas that are triggers.  I think there is so much at my house and while that is good for the average dog, can be overwhelming for him.  I think that instead of waiting for him to start his spin/bark I will let him play and before he looses it leash him.  I am hoping that if these things are compulsive that by catching them, I can stop them and eventually curing that compulsion.  Big order, but at least I have hope again.  i was pretty much in a rut and beaten down for awhile.  I have to stay positive and keep trying new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment