Sunday, November 25, 2012

Rip It Up

November 24, 2012

This was an intersting day.  Drake slept better last night and got up to start off on a wonderful day.  We got up did our morning routine, but I had a migraine starting abot 2:30 AM.  I had taking some Advil PM and was having a hard tie waking up.  The headache was still there.  So after I came p sof my morning nap I went into a deep sleep.  I could hear Drake barking and barking and barking.  However, I blocked it out and slept most of the day.  When I woke up I took him outside for a while and watched him very closely.  I came in the house a little after 4:00 PM.  I went to give the dogs their evening meal and then when into the little toilet area of my bathroom to sit.  The first thing I noticed was my toilet brush was moved and when I looked to where it had been sitting I saw that he had complete destroyed my soft sided toilet seat by chewing it up.  Likewise the over toilet cabinet had been chewed from the bottom up about 12 inches.  At first I couldn't breathe.  I looked at him calmly eating his dinner and felt a combination of anger and disgust with myself.  Why hadn't I put him in his crate.  How much damage do I have to endure from this one dog.  I knew that the toilet room was a trigger, but had removed the door becase I never closed it and it was in the way.  That was a long time before I got Drake.  I tried to pt a doggie gate up, but the opening was too small and I had not thought of an alternative idea of what to do.  So there it was.  An expensive lesson and just maybe an incentive to start crating him for naps or anytime I couldn't watch him.  It was going to be his new life and I was going to reclaim mine.

Even thogh he went to bed early again, I assured myself that tomorrow I would be a warrior.  He was going to get his training, the walks, sprayed with water, and locked in a damn crate for a while.  iIwould recrate trin him the proper way, but he would be retrained.  I would refer to the notes more ofter and call Shelly with any problems that I have.  Stay on track every moment and stop feeling defeated.  I think that he is feeding off of that energy and it is not getting the results that I needed.  I really do not mind the blind and deaf part of Drake it is all of his baggage that hs has picked up due to his impairment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment