Saturday, September 29, 2012

Changing Locations

September 23rd-28th

Today was the first day of a house/doggie sitting job.  I occasionally would watch my neighbors pets while they would travel or if they had an emergency.  Originally I thought this job was for next week and Drake would have more time to adjust to his new home, before having to stay in another home.  I had explained everything to the people that I was going to work for, and they had suggested that I come over a few times be fore they left.  Drake could map and be familiar with the pet and the house before we went.  We had been over three times.  Drake seemed to enjoy it.

He did great at their house.  He used their doggie door, ignored their dog, just as he had mine.  He ate well.  I never saw him stressed.  He would spin very rarely outside.  I thought he was more happy in their home than he was in his home.  They only had one dog there, she ignored him.  They had a smaller home, one story.  I didn't have to water the yard.   I think his transition would be much easier at our home if we did not have a seven pack household.  I kept most of their house and especially the bathroom closed off.  I was always that the size and lay out of my home would be a challenge.  He didn't seem to find things to obsess over, much like his life behind bars probably would have been.

So I just bonded with him, played with the other dog and enjoyed my time in my neighbor's home.  I knew that they would be home and I would go back to the transition of Drake into my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment